What You’ll Receive
This kit introduces an interesting, over-the-top character, the gardening lady, to help students learn about plants. It also engages students through photos, an interactive PowerPoint and a hands-on craft. This kit is designed for lower elementary grades and contains the basic four parts of a plant. For more advanced version, see Middle School, Science, Parts of a Plant.
- Bellringer – Introduces students to the basic parts of a plant through photos.
- Video – Students meet a charming character; the gardening lady. This sing-song style rhyming video is sure to engage students and peak interest in plants and gardening.
- PowerPoint – Shows students how to identify the four main parts of a plant. Then, it asks students to participate by naming the specific component of the plant.
- Worksheet – Students prove their knowledge by writing in the names of the parts of a flower.
- BONUS: This kit also contains a craft. Children can make a three dimensional flower with everyday items. Students are asked to touch certain parts of the flower to demonstrate comprehension.